Summertime in Seattle is a great time to explore all that the city has to offer. From its lively downtown core to its diverse neighborhoods, there’s plenty to see and do. Whether you’re attending MozCon, the annual digital marketing and technology conference, or just taking a short trip in the sunshine, this field guide will show you some of the best attractions to explore in Seattle this summer.
Things to Do:
- Check out the Fremont District: Fremont is known for its artsy vibe and quirky boutiques. Explore the outdoor murals, snap some photos, and take in the local culture.
- Take a ride on the iconic ferries: Enjoy spectacular views of Mt. Rainer from the waters while you take a leisurely ride aboard one of Seattle’s ferries.
- Visit the Pike Place Market: This beloved landmark is a must-see destination for a day of sightseeing and shopping.
- Head to the beach: Grab your towels and sunscreen, and get ready to spend a day frolicking at one of Seattle’s stunning beaches.
Where to Eat:
- Try the seafood: Seattle’s coastal location makes it a great spot for fresh seafood. Sample the local catch at one of the city’s many seafood restaurants!
- Enjoy some pub grub: Head to a local brewpub for some delicious pub grub. There’s something for everyone, from sandwiches and burgers to salads and vegan choices.
- Pick up some snacks at the market: The Pike Place Market is also home to a host of eateries, from fresh fruit and veggie stands to burrito carts, crepes, and more.
- Head out for a food truck adventure: Seattle’s food trucks are beloved by locals and visitors alike. From Asian fusion to comfort food, you’re sure to find something you love.
Where to Stay:
- A waterfront hotel: Enjoy a stay in one of the many waterfront hotels that offer stunning views of Puget Sound and the surrounding cityscape.
- A quaint bed and breakfast: Cozy up in one of Seattle’s many bed and breakfast establishments and sample some of the city’s best-loved dishes.
- A central downtown location: A central downtown location offers quick access to all that the city has to offer, from museums and historical landmarks to shopping and entertainment.
- Neighborhood Airbnb: Exploring Seattle’s diverse neighborhoods is a must-do activity, and Airbnb is a great way to stay in a local hideaway while doing it.
This field guide is just a starting point for exploring all that summertime Seattle has to offer. Whether you’re visiting for MozCon or just for a weekend getaway, there’s plenty of opportunity to take in the sights and experience all that this great city has to offer.