Search engine results page (SERP) volatility can be an unsettling and difficult situation for marketers and business owners alike. As a result, the goal of this article is provide tips on how to combat SERP volatility.
The Components of SERP Volatility
It’s important to understand the components of SERP volatility before attempting to combat it. Here are the main elements:
- Technical Aspects:Changes in page load speed, indexing, and crawling speed can all greatly affect SERP volatility.
- External Factors:External factors that affect SERP volatility include algorithm updates such as Google’s Panda and Penguin as well as changes in competitor strategy.
- Internal Factors:Internal factors such as changes in content, website design, and keyword usage can also affect SERP volatility.
Tips to Combat SERP Volatility
Thankfully, there are some things that you can do to combat SERP volatility. Here are a few tips:
- Monitor Technical Aspects: It is important to monitor and optimize the technical aspects of your website in order to ensure that it is running quickly and efficiently. This includes page load speed, indexing, and crawling speed.
- Stay Up To Date on Algorithm Changes: Be sure to stay up to date on algorithm changes as well as other external factors that may be affecting SERP volatility.
- Review Content and Keywords: Review the content of your website as well as the keywords you are targeting to ensure they are still relevant.
- Increase Your Link Building Efforts: Link building is an important component of SEO and by increasing your efforts in this area can help to combat SERP volatility.
By following the above tips, you should be able to combat SERP volatility and keep your website in the top of the search engine rankings.