Tips to Prepare for MozCon:
MozCon is an annual conference hosted by SEO software company, Moz, that focuses on keyword research, content optimization and other digital marketing topics. If you’re considering attending MozCon, here are some helpful tips on how to get the most out of the event:
- Check the agenda: Before the event, look at the official MozCon agenda and plan out which sessions you’d like to attend. Take note of any breaks between sessions so you can grab a bite to eat or ask a question from the speaker.
- Ask questions: See if you can connect with any speakers beforehand – or the Moz team themselves – and ask questions. You don’t necessarily need to have an answer before you go to the conference, but that way you can get the most out of it.
- Talk to other attendees: When attending the conference, take the time to chat with other attendees. Try to connect with everyone who visits — even if it’s simply “Hi, I’m [name]. What brings you here?” — and exchange business cards or contact info.
- Look into transportation: If you’re unfamiliar with the area, take some time to research public transit and taxi services. Have the contact information handy in case of an emergency. You can also look into car rental services if you don’t have access to a car.
- Establish an emergency plan: Set a plan with your family or colleagues in case of an emergency. This could include who to call if you’re delayed, or a contact number if you become lost or stranded.
- Pack smartly: To make the most of your time at the event, choose only the necessities. Bring a laptop, any presentation materials, business cards, pen and paper, a map of the area, and an extra phone charger. Do some extra research to be sure you have all the items you may need.
- Post-Conference Research: Take some time to reflect on what you learned at MozCon. Check out the speakers’ websites, blogs, and other resources to further your studies and comprehension of the topics discussed.
- Write follow-up notes: Reach out to the people you connected with during the conference, be it speakers or fellow attendees. Exchange thoughts on the event, or discuss topics that were discussed during the conference.
- Share your insights: Finally, don’t forget to share the knowledge you gained with your colleagues. It’s your responsibility to try and implement the strategies learned at the conference, so your team can grow and flourish.
By doing your research, planning ahead and following up after the event, you’ll be able to make the most out of attending MozCon and apply the strategies you picked up from the event to your SEO and digital marketing efforts.