The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) recently announced that up to $200,000 in grants are available for businesses of all sizes looking for ways to upskill and reskill their staff. Businesses that participate in the program may receive up to two-thirds of their training costs from the government.
How it Works
- Step One: Register online with your local Employment Ontario Service Manager.
- Step Two: Identify a training program for employees.
- Step Three: Submit an application to the Service Manager.
- Step Four: Receive an agreement or denial of the grant.
Once approved, businesses have up to one year to complete the training program and will be reimbursed up to two-thirds of the total training cost either before or after the training is completed. The total maximum cost employers can be reimbursed is up to $10,000 per employee per fiscal year.
Benefits to Employers
Businesses that take advantage of the COJG are able to:
- Upskill and reskill their staff to remain competitive and improve their bottom line.
- Retain their current employees, rather than seek out more expensive external options.
- Grow their business with the help of new skills and improved efficiency.
- Prepare employees for more challenging roles.
- Support the growth and development of their employees.
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant is a great opportunity for employers to invest in their employees and in their business. The government’s investment of up to $200,000 in grants provides employers with the opportunity to invest in the future of their business and the future of their employees.