Are you thinking of starting your own plumbing business? If yes, then you need to create a list of the essential tools and supplies you need to get the job done. Here is a brief overview of the tools that should be on every plumber’s checklist.
- Adjustable Wrenches – These tools come in various sizes and are essential for loosening fittings or tightening plumbing nuts.
- Pipe Wrenches – They are used for removing and fitting pipes. You will need different-sized wrenches to work with different-sized pipes.
- Plunger – This tool is required for pushing cleaning solution and water through drains to clear out clogs.
- Tongs – These are used for handling hot plumbing fixtures and for bending pipe.
- Tape Measure – This is used to measure the dimensions of pipes and other plumbing parts.
- Drill – This is used to drill holes into walls and other surfaces where pipes need to be mounted.
- Pipe Cutters – These tools are used to cut through metal and plastic pipes.
- Soldering Iron – This tool is used to crimp and join pipes together, as well as fit tight connections.
- Threader – This tool is used to thread pipe and fittings together.
Other Tools and Supplies:
- Flashlight – This is required for seeing into dark and small spaces.
- Gloves – These will protect your hands from sharp edges and extreme temperatures.
- File – This is used to repair threads on pipes and fittings.
- Insulation – This is used to protect pipes in cold temperatures and to prevent pipes from sweating in hot temperatures.
- Plumber’s Putty – This is used to seal pipes and fittings together.
- Dyes – This is used to detect and locate water leaks.
These are the essential tools and supplies you will need to start your own plumbing business. By having the right tools and supplies, you can be assured that the job will be done successfully and professionally. Invest in quality tools that are built to last so you can get the most for your money.